Any User Information provided to or to be gathered by SPOTLIGHT through the Application or Website is controlled primarily by SPOTLIGHT or its agents.
2. What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
There are two types of information collected by the Application: data automatically collected by the Application and any information you supplied by you (collectively the “User Information”). Some of the User Information may be personally identifiable to you and some of the User Information will not be personally identifiable to you.
a. User Information automatically collected by the Application
You agree that SPOTLIGHT may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to, technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Application.
When you use the Application, the Application may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your device (“Device Information”), including without limitation:
· Your phone number or other unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device
· The IP address of your mobile device
· Your mobile operating system
· The type of mobile Internet browsers you are using
· Information about how you interact with the Application and any SPOTLIGHT sites to which the Application links, such as how many times you use a specific part of the Application over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the Application, how often you use the Application, actions you take in the Application and how you engage with the Application
· Information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the Application
· Your geolocation
Use of Information: We may use information automatically collected by the Application (including the Device Information) in the following ways:
· To operate and improve our Applications, Websites, services, and tools
· To create aggregated information to determine which Application features are most popular and useful to users
· To prevent, discover and investigate violations of this Agreement
· To customize the content or services on the Application for you, or the communications sent to you through the Application (if any) – such as by detecting which movie theatres are closest to you and delivering you movie times, theatre communications and other content based upon your proximity to closest movie theatres.
· To help make any ads you see on our ad-support services more relevant
b. User Supplied Information
For purposes of your use of the Application and the services offered through the Application, the Application may also collect certain information about you (including personally identifiable information) that you knowingly supply to the Application such as the following (“User-Supplied Information”):
· First and last name
· Billing address for credit card
· Zip code
· Email address
· Information you choose to post about your location and activities
· Any content uploaded by you (if permitted by the Application or Website)
3. How Do We Use and Disclose Your User Information?
We use the User Information to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Application and Website. We use User Information to communicate with you about our products and services, promotional offers, to update our records and generally maintain any user account you have with us and relationships with us. We also may use User Information to improve our Application and Website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of the Application or our web sites, and, as described below, enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, or other functions on our behalf.
a. To Provide and Manage the Application and Website
b. Promotional Purposes
The Application or Website may allow you to subscribe to our e-mail newsletter. However, to opt-out of receiving the e-mail newsletter, you need to follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the newsletter emails.
The Application may also send you offers or other messages through push notifications. You may not stop the sending of such push notifications, but you can stop receiving alerts of such push notifications by changing the settings on your Device.
c. Customer Service and Feedback
We may use your User Information to prepare reports, recommendations and provide services at your request, provide customer service and support, track your compliance with the Application’s rules and regulations or for editorial and feedback purposes (to the extent that is explained when you provide the information).
d. Use of Anonymous Information
We use anonymous User Information to help us determine how people use parts of the Application and who our users are so we can improve our Application and ensure that it is as appealing as we can make it for as many people as possible. We may also use anonymous User Information to provide statistical “ratings” information in aggregated form to our partners and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Application. We may also use or share anonymous User Information in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary.
e. Disclosure to Third-Party Agents in Connection with the Application
Within SPOTLIGHT, we may share your User Information with employees of SPOTLIGHT or our affiliates, as well as third- party agents and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to your User Information (including personally identifiable information) in connection with their role in helping us manage or provide the Application. We occasionally have third-party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf and help us manage or provide the Application - such as marketing, Application development and testing, analytics, credit-card processing, providing customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities may have access to User Information needed to perform their functions.
f. Disclosure to Business and Advertising Partners
We may share your User Information with our business partners and advertising for the purpose of marketing, co- sponsorship, and administrative purposes.
g. Disclosure for Legal Needs and Emergency Situations
We may also use or disclose User Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or with respect to the Application; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Application or our users, (c) to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes, and (d) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Application or the public.
h. Disclosure in Connection with Corporate Transactions
4. Security; Transfer of Data Collected
The information collected by the Application or Website may be stored locally on your device and may be transmitted to our (or our agents’) servers. SPOTLIGHT will have access to your User Information or your User Information will be transferred to the servers of SPOTLIGHT or SPOTLIGHT’s agents in any of the following circumstances:
· The Application may require you and each of your authorized users to register for a personal account accessible through a confidential password and user name that you select. If there is account registration, SPOTLIGHT will collect and store this registration data.
· If collected and stored, geolocation history and other Device Information generated by the Application are stored on the servers of SPOTLIGHT or its agents.
· SPOTLIGHT may also access certain data from the Application, including without limitation the User Supplied Information and Device Information, for statistical analysis. All such data has been anonymized prior to our collection and storage.
The transmission of information over wireless and wired networks is not inherently secure. SPOTLIGHT uses many tools to help protect any personally identifiable User Information against unauthorized access and disclosure however we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private when using this Application.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your User Information?
The Application may keep some or all of your User Information for so long as you keep the Application on your device. SPOTLIGHT may keep your User Information thereafter as reasonably necessary for its business purposes. If you ask us to stop using the personally identifiable information you provided via the Application, we will honor that request while retaining any record of your personally identifiable User Information that is necessary to comply with applicable federal, state, or local law.
6. Is Information Collected From Children?
This is not an Application directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not use this Application, and under no circumstance should you provide personally identifiable information to us. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will immediately delete that child’s information from the Application.
7. Your Obligations to Keep Your Access Rights Secure
If the Application or Website requires you to register or create an account in order to use it, you promise to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your business as prompted by the Application's registration form, if any (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or SPOTLIGHT has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SPOTLIGHT has the right to suspend, terminate and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the Application (or any portion thereof) by you. You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware. You are responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the services and Application. Please note that anyone able to provide your personally identifiable User Information will be able access your account so you should take reasonable steps to protect this information.
8. Public Areas
9. Governing Law/Assignment
10. Notice to European and other Foreign Users
11. Contests and Sweepstakes